Tuesday, May 6, 2014

One Of The Best Things About Being A Mom

My seven-year-old was telling me about the "shot heard around the world" yesterday.  He told me that, "It started the American Revolution".  

I asked him, "So what does that mean?"

He didn't quite get what I was saying at first and he gave me a confused look.

I said, "So what was the Revolution?"

(I like to test my kids to see if they really know what they are talking about or if they are just spouting things they've heard off.)

He started talking about the "red coats" and the "minutemen" and how "They were mad because they threw away the tea."

I asked him. "Why did they throw away the tea?"

He said, "Because they didn't like the tax on it."

I asked him if he knew what "tax" meant.  He did.

I asked him again. "So what was the Revolution?"

He told me it was "The Declaration of Independence from 'the red coats'."

I am so proud!