Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Still Me

I struggle with a lot of things in life. But it never ceases to amaze me how there is always one thing that seems natural. Even in my darkest hours, in the moments when I feel the weakest and I struggle to imagine going on, the one thing I am always consistently good at is guiding my children in a positive way.

It always amazes me as to where this natural strength comes from to be their rock when my world is shattering. It's almost as if I were meant for this job. 

I look at my past parenting and I am overly self-critical on the things I messed up on, the things I could have done differently.  But my children rely on me even when I feel my weakest. They rely on me for my strength, my guidance, and my love.

I amaze myself by what I teach them, how I guide them, what I instill in them, and my unconditional love for them. Somehow through my darkness, they draw something useful out of me.

My children teach me that even when my light becomes a dim glimmer, I'm still their mom, I'm still me.